For enquiries, commissions and orders, contact Antonio Monago by phone or email
When contacting Antonio, please ensure that you make it clear you are enquiring about work shown on the Arts Ablaze Website.
You can also find a selection of Antonio's paintings on his Website:www.monago.com
Born 16/01/1975, Valencia, Spain.
"I have been painting since 1984 when I was 9 years old.
When I started my Degree in Fine Art, I had already been working as an illustrator, designer, musician, composer, and painter. By this time I had also managed to win a number of different awards (see below).
In 1996 I started a serious ‘Art Project’, which resulted in the creation of hundreds of drawings and paintings. Each work of art was produced under one theme and as part of the realisation of a single concept. The project was intended to deal with different ways of converting spontaneous lines in volumetric forms. As this project developed I began to think of the resulting artworks as part of some kind of ‘volumetric abstract expressionism’. However I am reluctant to limit my work by giving it a restrictive definition or label.
When I finished my Fine Art Degree, and a Master in Museology, I spent twelve months working in Edinburgh as a painter, curator and restorer. When I Returned to Spain I had already begun work on ‘The Bubble Project’ and I also started to work with the Contemporary art gallery ‘Alba Cabrera’.
Working with such a gallery has been a particularly rewarding experience, affording me the opportunity to exhibit with many internationally renowned Spanish artists. This has included artists such as Tapies, Chillida, Valdes, Alzamora, Basterrexea, Miro and Armengol.
Although I have been given the opportunity to take part in successful exhibition, and won various awards, I do not wish to be defined by my C.V. It is more important to me that my work is left to speak for itself, and that the public is allowed to find their own meaning in my artworks. As I like to say, we have to ‘Leave Art Free and Enjoy it’."
1999: Honor degree in Fine Arts, Polytechnic University of Valencia, Spain.
2000: Masters Degree in Museology, Polytechnic University of Valencia, Spain.
- 1993 - Third Award “IX Nacional Painting Award -“ Cercle de Belles Arts de Lleida” (Categoría menor de 21 años).
- 1995 - Second Award “XI Nacional Painting Award“
Cercle de Belles Arts de Lleida”. (Categoría menor de 21 años).(Lérida).
- 1997 - First Prize “Painting and Sculpture 'young' Award” ”Benetusser” (Benetusser, Valencia).
- 1998 - Honour Prize “VII National Painting Award -
“ César Ferrer” (Paterna, Valencia).
- 1998 - Honour Prize “I Nacional Award -“ Biblioteca pública de Valencia”. (Valencia)
- 1998 - Honour Prize “Internacional Painting Award -
“ Josep de Ribera”
- 2000 - Accesit “III Painting Award “Cuenta Master”
(Caja Rural). (Torrente, Valencia).
- 2002 - Second Award “XX Internacional Painting Award - “Pintor Sorolla”. (Elda, Alicante)
- 2002 - First Award “I Internacional Painting Award -
“UNED Bergara”. (Bergara, Vizcaia)
- 2003 - First Award “XX National Painting Award
“Vila de Teulada” (Teulada, Alicante).